Saturday, November 3, 2018

Imaginery Worlds, Atlanta Botanical Gardens

When opportunity knocks, don't let it slip between your fingers. I had traveled to Georgia to visit Gibbs Gardens. However, I realized the day prior that there was a wonderful exhibit at the Atlanta Botanical Gardens and it's last day was the day I was to visit Gibbs. So I took a chance and these images are witness to my unexpected stop at the gardens. Gorgeous plant sculptures were created for the gardens by a mosaic company out of Montreal. And these creatures, some 20 feet tall, were magnificent.


The Pegasus



The Peacock in the Conservatory



The Peacock in the Conservatory



The Phoenix in the Japanese Gardens



The Phoenix in the Japanese Gardens



The Dragon in the Great Lawn



The Dragon in the Great Lawn



The Mermaid in the Great Lawn



The Camels in the Rock Garden



The Camels in the Rock Garden



The Sleeping Princess in the Cascades Garden



The Wholly Mammoth in the Kendeda Canopy Walk

My favorite images are probably those taken later in the day when the harsh early afternoon light had faded into the blue hour. My favorite of all of the sculptures would be the Dragon and the Pegasus. The Phoenix is the one image that I captured in early afternoon and late afternoon light, and no doubt, you can see the difference.

I loved walking around the botanical gardens for the first time, but would pick a less busy day. The day I visited was the last day of the Imaginary Worlds exhibit and tons of visitors came to see it before it embarked on a journey elsewhere. Fall is upon us here in full swing in Middle Tennessee. Wherever you are I hope you are enjoying this weekend. ENJOY!

2 comments :

  1. I am glad that you didn't miss the exhibit. They are all stunning, my favorite is the camel.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love the Pegasus but the Dragon is so colorful. Hope you are doing ok Sandy. Next stop is Thanksgiving. Carol

    ReplyDelete