Saturday, July 14, 2018

To Market, To Market


A visit to the Hendersonville Farmer's Market was in order a few weeks ago with my trusty camera in tow. It was a fun, yet hot and humid experience. Perhaps the better phrase would be 'sweltering at the veggie stand'. Our farmer's market sets up in the green space at Streets of Indian Lake, an outdoor mall in Hendersonville. It's a treat! Come with me as we shop and snap. And I don't mean snap as in beans, but snap as in photos.


I've never met an Eggplant I didn't like. And while I've never eaten Eggplant in any form or fashion that I recall, I love this dark veggie with their bright green sprout on top.


This gal was singing her heart out. Decked out in red, white and blue, she belted out a few tunes while I shopped. She has a deep, gutsy type of voice.


Shucks! I'm loving this Farmer's Market. I sure thank Hendersonville for putting on this display. It's a little corny, don't you think. Yes, a pun was intended.


Well, I declare, let's Salsa. Who knew one could find homemade Salsa at the Farmer's Market. I grabbed a jar, and after getting home and cooling down, whew was that one hot visit, I munched on some chips and Salsa.


I admit it. I have a fetish for Eggplants. I love their bottom heavy shape, their bright, but purple hue. I love everything about them. Now I just have to try one sometime.


Tomato or Tamatoe! Which do you prefer. I love the Tomato no matter how one says it. I love it in Salsa, of course, and spaghetti and lasagna and, well, you get the gist of it.


Did I mention the Hendersonville Mounted Police were here in their finery. And in this case the finery was a chestnut mare, who I believe is called Rango. We have one of the finest police forces in America right here in Hendersonville, Tennessee.


It wouldn't be a Farmer's Market if not for a flower image. Don't you agree. I absolutely loved my visit to the Farmer's Market. And I hope you enjoyed my photo expo of my visit. If it had been five degrees cooler, I would have loved it even more, but hey, it's July. Hope you have a fruits and veggies kind of weekend all. Stay cool. ENJOY!

Linking to The Scoop 334

No comments :

Post a Comment