Sunday, July 15, 2018

A Bonanza Day Lily


The abundance of varieties of Day Lily species I discovered at Bernheim Arboretum a few weeks ago was astounding. I wasn't sure what I would find on my brief stop over as I made my way home to Tennessee, but I was filled with anticipation nonetheless. When I discovered this Day Lily garden just off the Visitor Center, I felt like I had hit the jackpot of color. Yellows, maroons, oranges, purples. These were just a few of the colors featured in this flower garden. There were long skinny petals and short pudgy petals. There were variations of hues, and least we forget, there were ruffled Day Lilies too. I had fun photographing them. I had even more fun perusing my archive at all the varieties. Totally cool. Here's a Hemerocallis Bonanza Day Lily. Like many of the names given to these gorgeous, brightly colored flowers, I haven't a clue where they got the name. Hope all is well with you. Stay cool. ENJOY!

No comments :

Post a Comment