Tuesday, April 24, 2018

Waterlily Garden at Gibbs, Kentucky Woman Series

As promised here is the next installment in my Kentucky Woman Series. Wondering just what the Kentucky Woman Series means.
Having lived in Tennessee for three years, I decided to pay homage to my home state of Kentucky.
So I am bringing you a series of posts featuring a particular subject in various images from this Kentucky woman.
Today's post hails from beautiful Gibbs Gardens which is situated about an hour northeast of Atlanta in northern Georgia. 
I have to say, this botanical garden is one of the most beautiful gardens I have ever visited.



I traveled to Gibbs Gardens on a hot Summer's day in mid August. The temperatures hovered in the middle 80's, however, the humidity was low on this particular day. Did I mention I watched and waited for a sunny, but less humid span of a couple of days to make the drive to Georgia to view the gardens.


It was as good a day as I was going to get for mid August in northern Georgia, but it turned out to be a nice day. I captured several of these images in midday when I visited the Waterlily Garden the first time. .


Then after visiting other areas of Gibbs, I walked back over to the Waterlily Garden a second time, before I left for the day. So without further fanfare, here are some of the purple Waterlily images I captured on that visit


I would like to say I could identify the exact names for all of these beautiful flowering Waterlilies, but sadly I come up short in that department. I hope you will forgive me.


At one point during my photo session, a Dragonfly decided to fly in for a brief sit down so I captured a few images of him taking a breather. I absolutely love Dragonflies.


These images feature the blue and purple hues in bloom on this bright sunny day at Gibbs. These particular hues are my favorite ones I love to photograph when I'm capturing images of Waterlilies.


For good measure, I thought I would throw in a close up of this purple Waterlily bloom. Gads, what gorgeous flowers. It's hard to imagine all of these images are different Waterlilies, but they are.

There are many gardens at Gibbs to say the least. However, the Waterlily Garden, where I captured these images, turned out to be my favorite. My second favorite was the Japanese Garden. I wished I could describe how gorgeous the Japanese Garden was. Perhaps, another Kentucky Woman Series post is in order to show you some of the beautiful greenery from my visit to that garden. The Weeping Willows with their hanging branches, coupled with the Japanese sculpture featured throughout that garden, was stunning.

I have fallen in love with botanical gardens. Soon, I hope to visit Cheekwood. I would have made the drive over to Nashville by now, but bronchitis had other plans. But, I am back in fighting form again so I hope to pay a visit there soon. I hope you enjoy these images. I loved capturing them. ENJOY!

2 comments :

  1. How I know that bronchitis, Hugh has it still lingering. Gorgeous hues, and each one a different lily, the close up is amazing, but the one above with reflections, print and frame, a keeper.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Oh, I hope Hugh gets better soon. I had it for 2 1/2 weeks. Brutal. I am so glad you like the hues. Aren't they fantastic. I can't even pick a favorite. Hope all is well with you and Hugh is on the mend soon. Carol

      Delete