Tuesday, May 22, 2018

Sailing on the Lake


This beautiful sailboat was plying the waters on Percy Priest a while back. I had to snap a few images as I am an avid sailboat lover. I've only ever been on a sailboat twice in my life. Once in the Atlantic Ocean and once in the Gulf of Mexico. The Atlantic was on a sunset cruise out of Key West many years ago. The second was the Gulf of Mexico while visiting relatives. A strong storm came up between us and the dock. Thirty foot swells overtook us. I headed for the galley to minimize the rocking of the boat up top. Both experiences were ones I'll never forget. Not many sailboats sail on Old Hickory Lake. However, Percy Priest has a marina called Hamilton Marina which has a separate area for nothing but sailboats. So you can find the sailboats out on the water at Percy Priest often. I wouldn't trade Old Hickory Lake for anything. Living on the lake makes life so much more enjoyable. Perhaps it's the different scenes you take in as day turns into night. There's never a dull moment on the lake. And you never know what will fly in and stay awhile. Have a wonderful night. A holiday weekend is approaching. I love three day weekends. Gives you time to slow down a tad more than on a typical weekend. Back soon. ENJOY!

2 comments :

  1. I like calm water, VERY calm, This is so beautiful, and although lakes can get rough, not as bad as any open sea can do.I wonder what the folks do on their sail boat? Relax, enjoy the whish of the wind in their sails, and have an evening drink on the deck? When a photo takes you right there, you know it is a really good one!!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. What a wonderful response Jean. Thank you so much. I will always love sailboats. They just look so graceful with their sails. Carol

      Delete