Monday, December 11, 2017

Red Barns of Sumner County


There are so many winding roads here in Sumner County where I live. Every now and then I take one because many of them criss cross Old Hickory Lake and I like to see if there are any wildlife viewing spots around. On this day I had taken a road that actually had quite a few farms on it. Here are a few barns I captured on that drive. I don't know if the three x's have any significance on this first barn.


Further down the road I discovered this old red barn with it's peeling paint. The owners even decorated it for the holidays with a wreath. I absolutely love that. Who doesn't love a red barn. I'm starting to notice there's a fair amount of red barns in this county. Wonder if there's anything to that. I hope your week is off to a good start. Mine will be very busy with end of year work related meetings. Back soon. ENJOY!

4 comments :

  1. Maybe the X's were window shutters, with stays against storms. I love old barns too, but seldom see any that size down here.I think of the memories and stories those walls hold.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I nevver thought about storms and the window shutters. I love old barns so much. But reds are my all time favorite. Carol

      Delete
  2. These are beautiful old barns...

    ReplyDelete