Wednesday, December 20, 2017

Beauty of Winter


A beautiful red Cardinal sits perched on a tree in Mustatatuck National Wildlife Refuge in the dead of Winter. I had paid a visit many years ago to the refuge. Earlier that day I had visited Ewing Bottoms to photograph the Sandhill Cranes. Afterwards, before heading home to Louisville, I drove the route around Mustatatuck once. The only images I captured on that drive were several photographs of this beautiful red Cardinal perched high up in a tree. I had never posted it until now. I can't think why, as he is such a beauty. ENJOY!

5 comments :

  1. Bare branches have their own beauty, but your Red Cardinal is a delight. True winter colours.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. So glad to hear from you Jean. Hope all is well with you and yours. Happy Holidays. Carol

      Delete
  2. Replies
    1. He definitely was easy to see from afar. He's so beautiful. Carol

      Delete
  3. I somehow missed this...Cardinals just scream Christmas to me. This is a glorious shot.

    ReplyDelete