Friday, December 22, 2017

Best of Winter Birding


There are so many wonderful opportunities to snap bird photos during the Winter months. As I was cruising my archive, I noticed a trend. Many of my best bird images were taken during the Winter months. These images are from the states of Kentucky, Indiana and Tennessee. Most were taken in the past five years. Birding spots include Bernheim Arboretum and Research Forest and the Lexington Reservoir in Kentucky, to three popular lakes in Greater Nashville, Radnor Lake, Percy Priest Lake, and of course, Old Hickory Lake. There's even an image of a Sandhill Crane captured at Ewing Bottoms, in south central Indiana, on a sunny Winter's day. I'll be making my annual pilgrimage to Louisville soon and wanted to share another Winter post before I left. I hope you are having a Happy Holiday and you are getting ready for a very Merry Christmas. With all the hustle and bustle of the holidays, I'll try to post once more before the big day. MERRY CHRISTMAS!

4 comments :

  1. I wondered where you got the photo of the Sandhill Crane...going to have to look up Ewing Bottoms. Of course I am not sure Roger could stand the trip, but it is something to think about.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It's very easy to find it and would be an easy drive for you. I hope you will go in January. Carol

      Delete
  2. You obviously have lots of opportunity to photograph water birds.

    ReplyDelete