Saturday, December 9, 2017

'Deck the Hulls' Christmas Boat Parade


Tonight was Hendersonville's 'Deck the Hull's' Christmas Boat Parade on Old Hickory Lake. Everyone gathered as night fell at Mallard Point Park. Cars lined the edge of the lake in rows waiting and watching as the first boat came up the lake channel toward the park. This was one of the first boats hailing a real Santa waving at the crowds along the lakeshore. He's a tad skinny. Don't you think!


As the boats neared the boat launch at the park, they turned around and paraded back to the marina. When they turn and are headed back is the perfect time to get images and I was in the perfect place to do just that. I love this huge inflatable Santa Claus on this houseboat.


Here's a close up of Santa Claus, the inflatable, on the houseboat. Don't you just love him. The real Santa Clauses were yelling Merry Christmas to the crowds on the shore.


Here is the first image with blue lights lit up instead of red. It's amazing how the blue lights show more than the red ones do.


This Santa Claus was a much better one and he was real. You can't see him very well, but he was a jolly 'big' guy. Love this Christmas tree on this houseboat too. Tonight was a balmy 38 degrees. Last year is was in the mid 20's and BRRRR. I hope you are having fun this holiday season. My decorating is done. My shopping is done. My wrapping is done. Ahh, let's relax. ENJOY!

2 comments :

  1. I love them, and I really love the reflections in the second from the bottom!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I love them too Rose and the reflections just ad another dimension. Carol

      Delete