Friday, December 8, 2017

Winter's Beauty


Winter has finally made its way to Tennessee and points South. While many in the Southeast are experiencing Winter Storm Benji in places like Atlanta and points East, Nashville is dry. However, there are snowflakes flying on the Cumberland Plateau. just East of Nashville. I would love to be in the Smokies right now to photograph the beautiful snow falling in the mountains. Just to get you in the Christmas spirit, here's a Winter beauty shot I captured several years back in Kentucky after a major snow storm blanketed Louisville. I love the fountain in the background coupled with the beautiful Fir tree in the foreground. I added a touch of pencil sketch effect just to liven it up a bit. This is one of my favorite Winter shots. I hope you like it. I also hope you enjoy my new header to the blog as I wanted to show a representation of all of the seasons, Spring, Summer, Fall and Winter. Have a wonderful weekend. ENJOY!

10 comments :

  1. Hi Carol, That’s a beautiful winter scene. We’re dry in CO and here in Breckenridge, we really need snow! I skied this morning on limited terrain - mostly man-made snow. Nothing is in the forecast for Christmas! Hope you have a wonderful holiday.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I wondered if you were dry or snowy. Geez, this is too strange. Be careful skiing on that terrain. Have a wonderful Christmas holiday!!! Carol

      Delete
  2. This is so, so beautiful!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you Rose. So good to hear from you. Carol

      Delete
  3. Replies
    1. I think Winter has set in everywhere. Carol

      Delete
  4. dit zijn de prachtige momentn

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you so much. Soo good to hear from you and hope you are doing well. Carol

      Delete
  5. It looks like that storm is going to miss us on coastal Virginia so I had to enjoy the pictures posted on other's blogs. But, I am sure we will get some snow before winter is over.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I love snow. It just doesn't happen that often in Tennessee. Carol

      Delete