Friday, November 10, 2017

Beautiful Cade's Cove

It has been many years since I had stopped at Cable Mill in the farthest corner of Cade's Cove, but I decided on this trip to pay a visit.


Along the road to Cable Mill, I happened upon several Deer grazing in the fields. Tourists were everywhere photographing them. Several of the Bucks attempted to play fight, but I didn't capture it.


I love to watch the Deer grazing. It's even more fun to try and get good images of them. It looks like these guys are keeping a close eye on all of us photographers too.


John Cable Gristmill was built back in the late 1800's and, along with five or six other structures, moved to the far end of Cade's Cove where the national park also built a Visitors Center in a log cabin style. The gristmill is barely visible in this image, but it's there.


It had been at least fifteen years since I had stopped at Cable Mill. There was one yellow Maple tree in its Fall regalia. I wished I could have brought it home with me. It was beautiful. Sorry for the construction work in this photo, but I still wanted to share it.


The sun was shining making the leaves on this Persimmon tree really pop. While I was capturing this image, people kept getting into my shots. I just kept shooting around them. I did something different this trip. I kept a mental note of all the license plates from different states that I saw during the time in the park. When I left I was up to 21 different states. All of the Southeast and mid Atlantic states were covered and a few Northeast and Midwest states were represented. The farthest state from the park I happened upon was from Oregon. Gads what a drive. ENJOY!

Linking to Foodie Friday & Everything Else

7 comments :

  1. I didn't see the cones until I read your words. Beautiful fall colours, deer so close, and so many visitors from other states, yes, a massive cross-country trip. Down here we cannot visualise the distances you have, from the top of the North Island to the bottom of the South Island is about 1288 miles!!And NZ is about the same size as Colorado!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh my I had no idea your island was that small. It's still one of the most breathtaking places in the world. Simply stunning there. I would love to visit, but it's soooo far away. Carol

    ReplyDelete
  3. That persimmon tree is gorgeous! The old grist mill is very photogenic, too! Glad to see you're enjoying fall, Carol.

    ReplyDelete