Wednesday, November 8, 2017

Blue Smoke Across the Mountains

As I looked out across the Great Smoky Mountains National Park last week a sense of nostalgia overtook me. I saw the unmistakable blue smoke that is the trademark of the Smokies. That mist lingers above the mountain range from the rain forest. It still seems odd to me, even now, to think of the Smokies as a rain forest, but in fact, it is.


Most of the color has gone from the trees, but I like the spark of yellow from the one tree that seems to be holding on. I had a darker image planned, but lightened the shadows to bring out the trees. I like the detail. Fall has come late to Tennessee and parts South. Did you hear this was the hottest Summer on record for the United States. With all of the wildfires and drought we have had over the past 18 months throughout all of the United States, I can see why. Back soon. ENJOY!

3 comments :

  1. Like a painting, with those misty layers, so beautiful.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Jean. So glad you stopped by. Carol

      Delete
  2. I know. It's like that one little tree won't quit for the season. Carol

    ReplyDelete