Monday, November 6, 2017

Beautiful Japanese Maple Tree


As I drove along the roadways in the Great Smoky Mountains National Park last week, I happened upon this gorgeous red Japanese Maple tree. I have such a time identifying trees. If it's not Maple or Oak or Birch, I probably will guess wrong the first time.


I thought this tree might be an American Sweetgum or a Sycamore, but I believe it's a Japanese Maple tree. There are so many different species of trees in the Smokies, I couldn't begin to name them all. The one thing I didn't see much of in the park this year were the Red Maple trees. So sad. I can always hope for better color next year. Hope your week is off to a great start. ENJOY!

4 comments :

  1. Lovely deep colours, our small Japanese maple is in full bright green display.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I hope you are enjoying Spring there Jean. Carol

      Delete
  2. I forget how much I love them. My daughter got me one, and it started to grow the next spring. Then we got a LATE freeze and it killed it.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I love Japanese Maples. They are such a different hue of red. Like crimson. Carol

      Delete