Saturday, November 4, 2017

Landscape, Great Smoky Mountains

In the Smokies this year, there is a subdued color pattern. No doubt a byproduct of the slightly dryer conditions over the past few months. Leaves are gone from higher elevations with peak colors in middle elevations in the mountains and on the roadways. Lower elevations are a variation of color pattern depending on where you are in the park with a lot of brown color mixed in. It's still evident where the wildfires impacted the mountains and the lower elevations around Gatlinburg.


Capturing images of the mountain ranges is one of my favorite things to do here. The cloud cover was heavy on this morning dampening the vivid colors. However, I managed to snap this shot just as the light was peaking through the clouds. There's still a good deal of green in this shot, as it's the lower portion of the mountain range just outside of Gatlinburg, just as you are gaining elevation in the park. This was taken with my 55 mm which I normally don't bring along. I wanted to get more of a landscape of the mountain ranges. As I went to snap this image I noticed the stone wall in the bottom left and decided it could stay. I really like it. Back soon. ENJOY!

7 comments :

  1. Oh, I do like. I think I told you before that I grew up in East Tennessee.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. So good to hear from you Rose. Hope all is well with you. Carol

      Delete
  2. Beautiful place! Subdued colours here this year too.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thanks Felicia. It was so beautiful there. Carol

    ReplyDelete
  4. Can’t believe you’re still enjoying fall. I like the long view in your photo.

    ReplyDelete