Thursday, October 13, 2016

Scarecrows, Cheekwood Fall Harvest Festival

It's time for Cheekwood's Fall Harvest Festival here in Nashville. 
These are a few of my favorite scarecrows featured in the Turner Seasons Garden this year. 
As you descend the steps to the Turner Seasons Garden, you meander through an area of dense foliage and trees.
 Scarecrows are posted all along the walkway to the delight of the visitors and this year's display was fantastic. 



First up is my absolute favorite scarecrow. Love the happy painted face on this 'Pumpkin & Pigtails' Scarecrow with her fancy hairdo complete with pigtails and her patchwork jean overalls. Do you see the black Crow perched on her straw hat. I'm afraid if I saw her in a field, I wouldn't be the least bit scared. How about you?


Next up is the infamous 'Country Singer' Scarecrow. Where else but Nashville, the Country Music Capital of the World, could you find such a colorful musician complete with a jewel encrusted guitar, striped short, blue jeans and a star studded straw hat. I think he could definitely use a facial though. Don't you agree?


My third favorite in the Turner Seasons Garden has to be this dude who I refer to as 'The Pirate'. All chained up with nowhere to go, although you have to admit he is prepared for a fight with his sword ready for battle. His skeleton buddy resting on his shoulder is a sight too. He is quite the stylish pirate in his swatch buckling bright red shirt and black leather vest and black pants.

There was some serious work involved in creating these dudes. I really enjoyed walking the garden to check out all of the scarecrows. I'll share more images from my walk around the Fall Harvest Festival at Cheekwood soon. The flowers were beautiful this year in the Robert Ellis garden. ENJOY!

Linked to Foodie Friday & Everything Else

2 comments :

  1. Hi Carol, these scarecrows are amazing. The first one is really cute and not one bit scary to me. ;)

    ReplyDelete
  2. What fun! I think maybe that first one is Dolly Parton! That country singer is a real hipster.

    ReplyDelete