Sunday, January 22, 2012

The Marvelous Wonderettes!

Last Fall while in Nashville, Indiana, that quaint little arts and crafts village that I frequent several times a year, The Marvelous Wonderettes toured this small town in a vintage convertible waving and smiling.

They hoped to boost attendance at their show that evening.

It's like taking a walk back in time what with the vintage convertible and it's white walled hub caps, the ladies with their puffy do's and the driver in his straw hat.

And, of course, the pink dice hanging from the rear view on the dash.

We're deep in the throws of winter, and I felt a little sunshine into this day I must bring. I hope you'll agree. Now I ask you . . . have you noticed a theme lately in my posts? By gone days of vintage cars, vintage buggies, log cabins? While I generally feature images of our natural world, I strongly believe history is our natural world. Where would we be if not for history? So in honor of by gone days. ENJOY!

1 comment :

  1. Those photos took me right back to my teen years. However, I didn't get to ride on the back of a convertible. Great smiles on those gals!

    ReplyDelete