Sunday, August 22, 2010

Reflections, Boat Basin, Nantucket




Photographing the Boat Basin was a huge treat on my day trip to Nantucket. There were so many different things to photograph. However, the reflections in the water I found mesmerizing. Even though it was breezy after the rainstorm that day, I wanted to capture some of the boats and the images in the water. My favorite image in this post is the first one you see. I realize it's not the best image, but I like the simplicity of showing only the hulls and the water. Something about the bright blue tops on the dock posts just distracts me from the reflection.

I have an affinity to wooden boats. If you can't tell from past Nantucket posts as I featured a very "big" wooden boat as well. If I lived near water and could afford a boat, it would be "wooden". ENJOY!

1 comment :

  1. Ooooh .. how I like reflections. Peaceful, slightly rippling water..great shots Carol. FAB.

    ReplyDelete