Saturday, April 20, 2019

A Walk through Cheekwood - Happy Easter!


Come take a walk with me as I take in the flowers blooming in the Robert Ellis Color Garden at Cheekwood Botanical Gardens. This gorgeous garden was adorned with red and yellow Tulips in every size and variety that the landscapers could possibly imagine.


Visitors may have surrounded me as I meandered along the garden path, but it was as though I were totally alone in the universe, as I took in every vibrant red and stunning yellow Tulip popped open with sunshine diving deep into its inner beauty.


The deep reds and yellows were laden with black centers and large stamens. The varieties of Tulips was astounding with single and double and even peony shaped Tulips all around.


Oh, Cheekwood how you out did yourself on this glorious Bloom Fest celebration.


Every Spring I attempt to capture the beauty of the Crepe Myrtles as they stand sentinel keeping a watchful eye over the stunning blooms around them.


Tulips, Daffodils, Hyacinths, Jonquils, Petunias. Thank you Cheekwood for a glorious Bloom Fest. I take my hat off to you!!

I wish each and every one of you a very peaceful and Happy Easter. May your day be filled with sunshine and bright blue skies. And may all the wonders of Easter surround you. Whether it be chocolate bunnies and dyed eggs or a sit down feast of scrumptious baked ham with all the trimmings, I wish everyone peace and joy on this glorious day of Resurrection. ENJOY!

8 comments :

  1. Those tulips are a delight, and planted in a mass of the same shade makes them stand out in each section just perfectly, Then some hyacinth , and a little purple something? not salvia? dividing off those rows. Nature gives us so much. Have a Blessed Easter at your home and in those gardens.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks for stopping by Jean. I'm not sure what the purple is either, but it's all so totally beautiful. That much I do know. It's all withered and gone now I'm sure, but it gave us all such joy in bloom. Carol

      Delete
  2. Gorgeous tulip shots! So cheerful.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks for stopping by. I'm so glad you enjoyed the Tulips. I miss them already. Carol

      Delete
  3. What a lot of color! I would love to spend some time on that bench.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It really was an explosion of color everywhere you turned. It was a gorgeous Bloom Fest this year albeit late in the festival before brilliant color arrived. Carol

      Delete
  4. Such vivid beauty! Happy spring, Carol.

    ReplyDelete