Sunday, October 14, 2018

A Fall Princess

As I snapped images of the gorgeous Water Lilies in bloom at Cheekwood Botanical Gardens, on a brief visit a few weeks ago, I finished up and walked away from the pond. Then I turned and walked back. I stepped off the path near the fountain. Something had caught my eye.


There stood this gorgeous Fall princess bedecked in dried flowers, with large yellow bows and long flowing ribbon. She blended in so well, I nearly missed her. She held a basket of dried flowers on her arm. Her pouty lips and dark tinted sunglasses, no doubt, were meant to tantalize. A checked hat with a wide brim shielded her from the sunlight. She was the star of the Scarecrow Display, held every Fall in the Seasons Garden, during Cheekwood's Fall Harvest Fest. What a stunning creature.

Fall temperatures are cooling off the heat of Summer here in Tennessee. I anxiously await bright sunny Fall days, on this rainy Sunday afternoon, to capture the red and yellow and orange leaves as they fall from the trees. I hope you are having a wonderful weekend.

I continue to listen to the stories of heartbreak and survival coming out of the devastated Florida Panhandle and pray for God's mercy as tens of thousands of people pick up and clean up, while others whose lives and livelihoods were blown away, find the courage to begin again. GOD BLESS YOU ALL!

4 comments :

  1. A princess decked out in fairy grasses, bows, and so beautiful.I agree, for those in Florida and other places worldwide, disaster like this one will change so many families and lives forever. Your words bring tears as I, too, hope and pray they will find courage and friendships that strengthen in time.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks for stopping by Jean. Take care. Carol

      Delete
  2. Someone did a nice job of of dressing her for the season. I hope the birds don't carry of her gown.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I hope the rain doesn't destroy it all too. Or the wind. Thanks for stopping by Sandy. Carol

      Delete