Wednesday, July 18, 2018

Orange, Peach & Ruffled Apricot


A few more images from my visit to the Flower Gardens at Bernheim Arboretum from a few weeks ago. I could not believe the varieties of Day Lilies, until I saw this garden in bloom near the Visitor Center. This gorgeous peach colored Day Lily with it's dainty ruffled edges is called Ruffled Apricot. I absolutely adore the name.


As I walked around the flower gardens I happened upon this beautiful Day Lily with a two toned hue. I had never seen this species before, nor had I seen the Ruffled Day Lily either. I love this one almost as must as the Ruffled Apricot. It is called Peach Candy. Oh, my gosh, is that not appropriate.


Finally, here's the last of the orange themed Day Lilies I captured while visiting Bernheim. This beauty is called Orange Vols. I haven't a clue where the Vols part came from, but I totally get the orange. This particular Day Lily looks more like the Day Lilies I see blooming in gardens in and around houses in neighborhoods. If I ever decide to plant Day Lilies, now I know to look for some of these unusual varieties. I hope your week is off to a good start. Back soon. Stay cool. ENJOY!

Linking to Sundays at Home

2 comments :

  1. Day lilies, the plant that grows all by itself in all seasons. I have a friend who grows the plants to sell, and I remember watching her husband cut the roots with a machete, when dividing them. beautiful colours.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Jean so glad you stopped and left a comment. I didn't know that Day Lilies grow in all seasons. It's amazing what you can learn from my friends across the ocean. Carol

      Delete