Sunday, February 4, 2018

Yawn, Great Blue Heron


The fisherman stands sentry on an old worn tree stump near the shoreline patiently fishing for his next meal. Many a Great Blue Heron fish Old Hickory Lake up and down both sides of the peninsula every day here in Hendersonville. Today, I headed out briefly and happened upon this Heron perched on this old stump at the park. There wasn't much sun this afternoon, but I managed to catch a few images of him in what little bit of sunshine there was, before heavy cloud cover began to move in.


We have had every Winter accessory it could bring us here in Tennessee this year. Snow, ice, sleet, rain, rain and still more rain. Darn if the groundhog didn't see his shadow and announced six more weeks of Winter. UGH! As I snapped photos of the Heron, he looked my way and yawned. It was as if he echoed my thoughts on Winter. Speaking of, there is a front coming through in the early evening as I write this post. Thankfully, it's been too warm for the precipitation to stick, but still there it is. Spring has been on my mind a lot lately. I hope wherever you are, you have had a wonderful weekend. ENJOY!

3 comments :

  1. At least we get mostly snow rather than rain!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I agree. Rain is much better most times. Carol

      Delete
  2. Wow !!! absolutely fantastic blog. I am very glad to have such useful information.

    หนังออนไลน์

    ReplyDelete