Sunday, December 31, 2017

2017 Year In Review

As I look back at 2017, I found a harsh political climate, not to mention a climate that left us with hurricanes in the South and wildfires in the West. We saw more terrorism in many states, even in my own. Demonstrations plagued our cities, big and small. We are a divided nation it seems. Then came a giant leap in the women's, and even human rights movement. With the unearthing of sexual harassment, this brought to bear one's credibility. With it came destroyed careers, shattered lives and broken families. And we are left in shock and disbelief in this the supposed greatest nation in the world.

In my world, however small, I awoke each day with new hope of capturing Mother Nature in all her splendor and beauty. As best my mind's eye could focus through the lens in my Nikon, I snapped image after image at every twist and turn on the road I traveled. I long for more, but this year ends on this day and I am left wanting.


The year 2018 will bring more opportunities and more images, with different settings and beautiful scenery. I hope to bring you, my friends and followers, who so graciously compliment me as I post, more of what is beautiful in this world. Thank you for all of your well wishes. I will cherish them always. I leave you with my very best images I brought up from the depths of my archives of this year 2017. 

I pray all that is wrong in this world will be overshadowed by all that is right in this New Year. Whatever climate we find ourselves in, be it political, weather or controversial, I hope you will look to Mother Nature for the beauty and splendor in our world. HAPPY NEW YEAR!

Linking to Foodie Friday and Everything Else and Metamorphosis Monday

5 comments :

  1. beautiful and thought provoking post. May your new year be filled with lots of love and nature.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you Latane. I appreciate your thoughts. Carol

      Delete
  2. Wonderful pictures Carol. I share your prayers for 2018!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Carol, the terror, the wars that continue, the fires, drought and famine, we cannot heal all ills, but your photos, your thoughts, and care are with us all out here. Remember happiness, love, and friendships across the world. 2017 in retrospect, beautiful.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you for your kind words Jean. I am looking forward to a new year and hopefully and more peaceful one. Carol

      Delete