Friday, November 17, 2017

Today's Catch!


In my wildest dreams, I never thought I would get close enough to get a decent image of an American White Pelican. They tend to be very, very shy. For several days now, however, these beautiful birds have been roosting on an old dead tree on Old Hickory Lake. There are about eight or ten of them hanging out right across from my place this week and I am loving every minute of it.


These large aquatic soaring birds breed in interior North American and overwinter in Central and South American. They eat fish, carp, chubs, catfish, yellow perch and jack fish. Now if I can just get a nice shot of them flying across the lake, my desire to photograph the American White Pelican would be satiated. Have a great weekend all. ENJOY!

8 comments :

  1. Ten in a row, what a wonderful photo, I wonder what they are thinking to do next.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Heaven only knows what going on in their heads. They're beautiful though. Carol

      Delete
  2. Oh, I wish I was there to see them too...that is a wonderful pic. Don't you love how they do the synchronized swimming/eating?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. They kept diving down all at once. So cool. Carol

      Delete
  3. Fabulous pictures Carol! Nice to have them so close. Never actually seen one.

    ReplyDelete
  4. P.S. Old Hickory Lake is a big lake, with a lot of shoreline!

    ReplyDelete