Thursday, October 19, 2017

Ode to A Pumpkin

Everywhere the pumpkin! The one unequivocal sign of Fall has to be the pumpkin. You see them in storefronts and front yards and porches. You see them on mantels and hearths and tabletops. You see them stacked or sitting side by side. There are pumpkins painted completely black and pumpkins covered in velvet. There are pumpkins picked in pumpkin patches at the local farms. There are pumpkin carvings and pumpkin glows. There are pumpkin spice lattes and pumpkin spice cupcakes. There are pumpkin breads and pumpkin beers. And least we forget, the most supreme pumpkin of all has to be the pumpkin pie.


I wanted to share one of my favorite pumpkin images with a little watercolor and ink pencil detail. I love all the shapes and sizes of the pumpkins and there's even a gourd thrown in. I captured this image in 2016 at Cheekwood Botanical Gardens Fall Harvest Festival. I hope you like it. By the way, I'm covering all things Halloween and Fall, in case you haven't made a note of it yet. Stand by, more is coming. ENJOY!

7 comments :

  1. The only pumpkins down here are from the last season, And Halloween is not celebrated so much, your watercolour is colourful, and I can see it framed and set out for display.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'm so glad you like it Jean. I just love pumpkins. I am sad that Halloween isn't celebrated there like it is here. It's so much fun with all the hoopla. Carol

    ReplyDelete
  3. I understand what you're saying Felicia. It has been weird here too. Things are still really green with a few changes. I think Fall will be late this year and only beautiful in the areas where a lot of rain fell. Carol

    ReplyDelete
  4. Yes, pumpkins everywhere - here in CO, too. I like what you've done to edit the photo. I still love the traditional orange pumpkin the best!

    ReplyDelete
  5. I know I love pumpkins. Thanks for stopping by. Carol

    ReplyDelete
  6. I love this...love pumpkins and love what you did with this.

    ReplyDelete