Saturday, May 28, 2016

Summers' Past Series - Maryland's Eastern Shore

Looking back in my archives over the past decade at various outings taken in the Eastern United States,
I thought it only appropriate to take you along on a new series called Summers' Past Series. 

Let's travel to the quaint coastal towns of St. Michael's and Chincoteague along the Eastern Shore,
to the most captivating island of Nantucket, off of the coast of Cape Cod in Massachusetts,
to the seaside villages of Bar Harbor and Stonington in Down East Maine, and finally,
to several lakeside villages near Sleeping Bear Dunes National Lakeshore in beautiful Michigan.


Looking back at the beautiful Sunset across Kent Narrows, Kent Island, Eastern Shore, Maryland


Plein Air Artist and a Seascape, Chesapeake Bay Maritime Museum, St. Michael's, Eastern Shore, Maryland


Assateague Ponies grazing in the Salt Marshes, Assateague Island National Seashore, Eastern Shore, Maryland


Looking back at the Assateague Ponies in the Salt Marshes from a distance, Assateague Island National Seashore, Eastern Shore, Maryland


I hope you enjoyed this journey back to the Eastern Shore of Maryland taken over a two day period. As I traveled from the Chesapeake Bay to the east side of Maryland's Eastern Shore, I stopped at Kent Island, St. Michael's, where you can find the Chesapeake Bay Maritime Museum, and finally to the beautiful Assateague National Seashore with its stunning salt marsh views featuring the beautiful Assateague Ponies. I might add that it was nice to have Lightroom to bring these images out of the shadows which isn't something I had at hand when I originally posted these images. Hence, the last image is new to you as I was able to work on it to bring it out of the shadows of darkness. It is beautiful. Have a wonderful Memorial Day weekend everyone. ENJOY!

2 comments :

  1. Carol, with these pics, you took me back to my time on the Chesapeake Bay. What a scenic area! I love the ponies, too.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hello Carol, What lovely images from Maryland's Eastern shore. Both St Michael's and Assateague are favorite places I like to visit. Love the wild ponies. Thank you for linking up and sharing your post. Happy Saturday, enjoy your weekend!

    ReplyDelete