Saturday, February 20, 2016

Favorites Series

What better way to highlight my favorite images taken over the last decade than to feature them in a Favorites Series. Over time I will feature a single image as one of my all time favorites. With twenty thousand images safely tucked away in my archive, I tend to linger on certain images a tad bit longer than others. Why? They are my favorites, no doubt. I hope you enjoy each and every one as I feature them in my new series. Fairly new to my blog? If so, you may have missed some of my favorite images posted many years past. My new series will allow you to view them first hand!


I begin my Favorites Series with a beautiful deep yellow Japanese Magnolia blossom as its gorgeous bloom begins to wane, captured at Bernheim Arboretum, just south of Louisville, in early Spring several years ago. A large number of hybrid Japanese Magnolias grow close to the parameter road in the middle of the Arboretum. Gorgeous blossoms in pale and deep yellow, the softest white, blush pink and a beautiful deep magenta herald in Spring each year. This is one of my favorite images captured over the years while photographing these gorgeous blossoms. The beautiful blooms are accompanied by a fragrance like none other.

As the Magnolia blossoms bloom in unison, their fragrance fills the air and wafts throughout the grove of Japanese Magnolia trees.
Each tiny morsel of fragrance floats across the Arboretum on gentle Spring breezes, leaving one in total awe of their scent. 

What beauty does for your senses in this tiny slice of heaven is astonishing. Look for the post header, Favorites Series, and enjoy this wonderful new series as I reminisce. ENJOY!

3 comments :

  1. I see I'm going to be able to visit you and enjoy an early spring! Your Magnolia is gorgeous. I'd love to smell the heady scent. I love your Header, too. It's a beautiful sunny day in Breckenridge, but it's not yet spring!

    ReplyDelete
  2. This magnolia is beautiful, Carol. Great idea to do a series on your favourites over the years.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Translucent, shadows, background perfectly misty, this would be a favourite of mine too.

    ReplyDelete