Friday, December 4, 2015

Migratory Bufflehead Duck


I captured this image one afternoon as I stopped to grab a bite to eat in Hendersonville. Glancing over at a pond situated right off the parking lot, I saw a lone duck diving into the water. Oftentimes, I bring my camera with me while running appointments for work. When you travel, keep your camera stowed out of sight from passersby. You don't want to entice anyone. I stow mine on the floorboard behind my seat and usually cover it up. This was one of those days when it paid off to have my camera nearby. I snapped a few images before heading into the restaurant. I could tell from a distance that this was probably a Bufflehead duck. He was very busy diving for lunch. Later in the week I stopped at the same eatery. No sign of any wildlife in the pond that day. This Bufflehead Duck was probably hundreds of miles South by then. Have a great weekend all. ENJOY!

4 comments :

  1. The duck is beautiful Carol but its the water that captures my attention in this gorgeous image.

    ReplyDelete
  2. beautiful capture, and yes, keep it hidden, but handy. This is the photo of the year, that water is amazing.

    ReplyDelete
  3. They are very tiny ducks. She's a cutie.

    ReplyDelete
  4. They are very tiny ducks. She's a cutie.

    ReplyDelete