Sunday, November 29, 2015

Fall Gives Way to Winter

It is time to embrace this new season. Winter brings with it the holidays with Christmas and New Year's and more. We spend some time adorning the halls with the season's colors of reds, greens and golds, and in some settings even silvers and blues.


Goodbye Fall.
The forests lay bare from Fall's bounty with many leaves strewn across its floor.
Only firs and pines are left to dot the landscape and brave winter's gales.
Where snow has fallen, there is sleighing and sledding and skiing.
Blankets of white cover the mountaintops, the valleys and beyond.
Icicles hang from aside the cliffs with sheets of ice covering the creek beds.
Tracks from deer, fox and rabbits are encountered along paths to and from.
Winter's colder clime has taken hold, with rain, fog and snow.
Welcome Winter.

I hope you will take some time during these Winter months to venture out of doors with your camera to capture Winter's beauty. ENJOY!

2 comments :

  1. Hope you had a good Thanksgiving, Carol. I'm still recuperating from mine! I love those ornamental cabbages. My d-i-l brought me a bouquet that includes one. It's unusual and a pretty accent.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Your words tell me the pictures, even without the photos, Superb writing, and love those coleus leaves ( hope I have the right name_.

    ReplyDelete