Sunday, August 16, 2015

Water Lilies, Murfree Spring Wetlands

There's a change in the air. Can you feel it. Here in the South cooler weather is finding its way into our daylight hours, while evenings begin to shorten and a coolness envelopes the night air. I will welcome Fall as it grows closer. Summer's dog days of heat will soon vanish replaced with a change of season. Emerging colors of crimson, orange and various hues of yellow will brighten the landscape.


Fall pumpkins already grace the local markets. Soon Fall decorations in every shape and size will follow. Pumpkins, gourds and bittersweet, along with scarecrows, stacks of corn, harvest moons and pumpkin rides. After a record setting heat this Summer, I am eager for the change in the season.

Leaving the Sunflowers at Batey Farms after a brief stop, I drove over to visit the wetlands, just as the rain was diminishing. The Water Lilies were turned in for the evening. The humidity was heavy. A lone female Wood Duck was milling around in the swamp picking through the pond weeds. I would have captured a better image so I could share, but my long lens was at home. ENJOY!

1 comment :