Thursday, May 28, 2015

Eastern Phoebe


At Murfree Spring Wetlands I attempted to capture photos of the woodland birds flitting about on the dead branches spread throughout the swamps and marshes. This little bird is an Eastern Phoebe. One of the most familiar of the eastern flycatchers. Phoebes are quite hardy and have a stocky physique and are generally brown and white. If only he would have had a fly or gnat in his beak that would have made for a better image, but I will take what I can get.


Eastern Phoebes generally perch on low hanging branches or low in trees. They form mud-and-grass nests attached to bridges, barns and houses. I can honestly say I have never seen an Eastern Phoebe nest. Eastern Phoebes migrate north and are one of the first birds to migrate back to the south each year. This is a Life List Bird for me. ENJOY!

A SPECIAL NOTE TO MY FAITHFUL FOLLOWERS
Since moving here to Tennessee I have encountered quite a few birds to add to my Life List.
The list is posted on this blog in the right column mid way down if you would like to see just what species of birds
I have encountered throughout my journeys. Thank you for stopping by my blog
and thank you for all of your wonderful comments. I read every single one and cherish all of them.

Since mid December I have at least 25 new followers to my blog from all over the globe. 
I want to thank each and every one of you for following my posts and if you haven't left me
a note or a comment, I hope you will soon. I love to hear your thoughts on my outings to capture
images of our beautiful planet. I translate any comments that aren't in English. 
So never fear, I'm reading your comments no matter the language. Thank you for following!

1 comment :