Friday, April 24, 2015

Red for Friday


Into every life a little red must come. As I ventured throughout the gardens at Cheekwood several weeks ago, the one thing I took note of was that red Tulips were not the majority. Instead, yellow Tulips and yellow and red striped Tulips were in abundance. I enjoy striped and varigated flowers, but in the case of Tulips I tend to be a solid gal, loving the solid reds, pinks and purples as well as whites and yellow.


With the weekend upon us, it bears mentioning here that I have not had a great deal of time to take photos lately. I am now working my way into the fourth month as a Tennessean and with Spring in full bloom, I hope to get outdoors this weekend.


Although showers are expected tomorrow, The Country Living Fair is an antiques fair hosted by a long time and well known magazine here in the States called Country Living Magazine. The fair is being held in Lebanon, Tennessee, which is 15 minutes from my place. I hope to visit Sunday as the weather is supposed to be sunny and warm. I have never attended the fair in the past. It is held in various cities throughout the Spring each year. This is the first year it is being held at Lebanon and when I came across this bit of information, I have to admit I was a tad excited. I hope you have a wonderful weekend all. ENJOY!

Linking to Foodie Friday and Everything Else and Simple and Sweet Fridays

2 comments :

  1. Beautiful, and it looks like you are settling in to your new home, Red, to match our Red Poppies down here.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Red is my favorite color. I just ordered seeds - hoping for some red blooms this summer. Glad you're exploring your new state, Carol.

    ReplyDelete