Sunday, April 26, 2015

Daffodils at Cheekwood


A beautiful yellow Daffodil with a cream colored corona was in full bloom in one of the gardens at Cheekwood several weeks ago.


I could not resist capturing its beauty up close with its stamens covered in a fine powdery yellow dust of pollen. The yellow pedals sang their praises as this gorgeous bloom glistened in the afternoon sunlight. It was so beautiful I had to share it with you.


Before I finished my initial walk among the gardens of Cheekwood, I walked toward the entrance to take a peek at the flower beds there. Directly in front of a tall stone wall and black wrought iron fence stood rows and rows of white Daffodils with several beautiful yellow flowering trees gracing the background adding just the right hint of yellow. In front of the Daffodils were rows and rows of white Pansies glistening in the sunshine. The white on white with the yellow flowering trees and the stone wall made for a gorgeous scene. I wondered if the gardeners had imagined this very scene when they planted the flowers earlier in the Spring.


And then just as I was about to walk back toward the depths of the botanical gardens, I stopped and looked closer sensing something was amiss. And then I saw it. Right in the middle of all the white Daffodils stood a single pink Tulip. A solitary dot of pink in a sea of white. Amazing. Who says you can't stand out from the crowd. Have a wonderful week. ENJOY!

Linking to Weekend Reflections and Foodie Friday and Everything Else

5 comments :

  1. Gorgeous, lots of thought there, and I hope the gardeners visit and admire. One splash of red, I like it.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Beautiful! I love the scene of whites and yellows against the wrought iron fence and stone wall. How odd that one tulip came up there too. Have a lovely week Carol.

    ReplyDelete
  3. A fabulous full border. Delightful.

    ReplyDelete
  4. That border is amazing.....love all those flowers.

    ReplyDelete