Friday, November 7, 2014

Back Road to Ramsey Cascades

Sometimes one must take the road less traveled. On this particular day, I chose, not only the road less traveled, which takes you through the Greenbrier section of Great Smoky Mountains National Park, but I also took the side road leading to Ramsey Cascades trailhead. This road is traveled even less.
And I was ever so glad I did take this side road. Words that came to mind as I traveled slowly down the gravel road were beautiful, gorgeous and even at times stunning. As I drove I stopped numerous times to capture images. One time I stopped when a deer had stepped out of the woods. Several other times I stopped to photograph the small waterfalls rushing over the boulders as the water flowed down the West Prong of the Little Pigeon River. But some of the most beautiful images I captured were of the road itself surrounded by all of the gorgeous Fall foliage. ENJOY!

4 comments :

  1. Fabulous. I could just picture myself walking along, enjoying the colours and listening to the breeze through the leaves. Your fall foliage is something I want to experience ... sometime.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love the perspective on your photo, Carol. Those old growth trees are stunning. That's a really narrow road!

    ReplyDelete
  3. fantastic image. found your blog at Wildlife watching with FAB.

    I'm happily following along. Your photography is beautiful.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you Felicia. So glad to have you.

      Delete