Monday, January 14, 2013

White Throated Sparrow

It's mid January and I've only had time for a brief two hour visit to Bernheim to grab a quick late lunch and stop by the Overlook Drive. And what should I find on my journey there . . .
a cheerful little White Throated Sparrow perched on a low hanging branch just surveying his surroundings. I was on the prowl to catch a Dark Eyed Junco rummaging amongst the dead Autumn leaves foraging for a bite to eat. There must have been 20 or more in a flock. As one flew a few yards, so would they all. I gave up and quickly snapped a photo of this cutie instead. Then I headed on home . . . a bit too nippy that day to hang out. I only wished I could have gotten a sharper image. ENJOY!


  1. I think your image is perfect, it shows the bird off so well. Cheers from Jean.

    1. Thanks Jean, you are so kind. Hope all is well today. Carol