Saturday, October 13, 2012

Persimmons


Way back in the far southwest corner of Mustatatuck NWR sits Myer's Cabin and Barn. I've posted images of both in previous posts in the last couple of weeks. On the drive back to the cabin right before you pull into the small parking area sits a patch of Persimmon trees. The refuge has nursed these trees for several years for preservation purposes.
Over the years I'd never seen a Persimmon hanging from the branches until now. This is the first year I've seen fruit on the trees. I had to stop and take a photo to share with you. I'd never seen a Persimmon before in my entire life that I recall. I have to admit I love their color. Unfortunately you can also see evidence of the drought on the leaves as well. There's an 80 degree forecast for today. Have a fantastic weekend all. ENJOY!

1 comment :

  1. I've never seen a persimmon tree (or eaten the fruit). While you are back to 80’s we're having snow.

    ReplyDelete