Friday, October 5, 2012

A Fall Day in the Bluegrass


Next door to Wallace Station, a popular eatery along the Bluegrass Scenic Byway right outside Midway, Kentucky, sits this beautiful horse farm. While I was getting back in my car at Wallace Station, I looked up and saw this scene.
If you are a serious amateur photographer you find yourself shooting this image and cropping it. No, not in your software, but in your mind, at that moment you see the scene. So I did it then and repeated it that same day as I culled through the images I shot on my short drive through the horse farms last Sunday. And here it is. Happy Friday to All! If you are within 200 miles of Louisville, Kentucky, this is the first weekend of October. And that means it's time for one of the biggest art fairs in the nation, The St. James Court Art Show. I've visited the art fair when it was hot, hot, hot, hot, and when it was 'brrrrr' cold and when it was a perfectly gorgeous Fall day. Today is the perfect day. Tomorrow it will be 20 degrees cooler. While I wasn't planning on going down to the art fair this year, you might find me down there anyway. Have a fab weekend guys and dolls. ENJOY!

2 comments :

  1. This is delightful Carol, love the crimson leaves. There is a bit of a nip in the air here now and I love it!

    ReplyDelete
  2. That is pretty! And, you are right about the cropping.
    Have fun at the art show!

    ReplyDelete