Wednesday, September 19, 2012

The Boathouse


One of my favorite images from last weekend at Bernheim. Mac's Lake was bright and sunny with touches of Fall color starting to make an appearance. Don't you just love the canoe in this image.

This beautiful Great Blue Heron was visiting Mac's Lake also this weekend. As I walked the path that follows alongside the lake, several hikers well ahead of me scared him up and he took flight. I saw a huge shadow on the ground in front of me as I was walking along. I knew it had to be a large bird. I didn't think I had time to get an image before it disappeared behind the trees right off the path, but I lifted my camera anyway, looking up quickly right through the viewfinder and pressing the release button. As I lowered the camera the bird disappeared behind the trees. I didn't know what it was or if I'd gotten the image until I dropped it in my software later that day. I had never ever seen a heron at Bernheim before Saturday. I hope he'll come back and bring friends. ENJOY!

2 comments :

  1. Wow, is all I can say. You were in the right place at the right time. ( I guess I could say more!)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Carol, I LOVE your new header image, that is a stunner! I do love the canoe in the top image and the peaceful feeling it gives me.

    ReplyDelete