Thursday, March 8, 2012

This and That!


This centerpiece sits on my pine top table right now. It has a spring/summer theme although it's a tad hard to decipher that from this image. I have Fall centerpiece and Holiday centerpiece items that I change out for those seasons. My favorite though is the Fall as there's pumpkins and squashes in the tray. I didn't have anything to put in the try for Spring or Summer, so I bought some garland with little bird nests and bird eggs. And I added these large faux green carrots and two metal wheel barrels. Like I said, hard to decipher, but they're in there. Hope you like it. It's really cute. I'm thinking I need to add one or two other items, but just not in green, as the green is taking over.

NOW DRUM ROLL PLEASE. As I have news! This is the first image I'm posting which was taken with my 'new' camera. I finally bit the bullet and bought a Nikon D5100 and I also bought a 18-55mm lens and a 55-200mm telephoto lens. I am waiting with baited breathe for this crazy rainy day to be done so that I can go out tomorrow some time and take some images outdoors. It's supposed to be nice out just a tad chilly. I am so excited, I'm like a kid in a candy store. Can you imagine? ENJOY!

4 comments :

  1. Welcome to the club :-) you won't regret the move. Its a great camera with tons of room to grow. I can't wait to see what you come back with. I think even u will agree the quality will be a step above. Time to make every pixel count. Congrats!

    ReplyDelete
  2. YAY for you Carol! WOOHOO!

    ReplyDelete
  3. That is great news, Carol. You are going to enjoy both the camera and the zooms. I can't wait to see what you do with it.

    I like the arrangement. It certainly looks springy.

    Have a great weekend with your new equipment!

    ReplyDelete
  4. You lucky gal! And those lenses will do you proud. I like seeing little vignettes like your tray one. There's a flower shop near my city house that has terrariums and other scenes built on bird baths, etc - I just love looking at them.

    ReplyDelete