Wednesday, January 4, 2012

Wooden Bridge, Lake Nevin!


I had a different post up and then decided it just wasn't working for me. I'll repost it at a later date. This current image I'm posting instead I've been working on for some time. I love this wooden bridge at Bernheim. OK, I like all wooden bridges. And I tend to photograph them every chance I get. I don't know why I like them so much except to say perhaps it's the fact that the bridge takes you from one destination to another destination. Or perhaps it's that they are wooden and not many structures are made simply of wood these days. And by structures I mean bridges, buildings, etc. This bridge sits right off the Sun and Shade Trail along the back side of Lake Nevin. I hope you like it. Hope your week is going well. Hello 2012. ENJOY!

2 comments :

  1. oh wow. This just takes my breath way. I love your processing.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wood carries a bit of its soul no matter where it ends up I think. Cut into unnatural shapes and it still holds the beauty of its lifetime. Enjoyed your work capturing the reflection and calm of the bridge and its surroundings. I have been to this location and like wood it appears you carried a little of the soul of the place home with you.

    ReplyDelete