Tuesday, January 31, 2012

Thoroughbred, Bluegrass Scenic Byway!


Along the Byway you will encounter many horses grazing in the pastures. You won't see as many horses hanging around the fence lines. When you do find them there, your first instinct is to stop and take a photo which is what I did. This particular guy was very happy to see me. Someone once asked if I ever tire of seeing these beautiful horses and viewing the horse farms. Honestly, I only visit there about 2-4 times a year depending on the weather. And no, I never ever tire. Spring and Fall are the best times to go because all of the trees are blooming and the entrances to the horse farms are decked out in spring bulbs and flowers. In the Fall, the leaves are bright yellow with some orange and red scattered throughout. It doesn't matter when you go, you'll never tire of seeing this beautiful country. So if you are ever anywhere near Kentucky, Lexington is one hour away from Louisville, and I know someone who can give you all the best routes to drive if ever you need. Oh, and least I forget, this is my 31st post for the new year. I'm not sure I can keep up this pace. ENJOY!

2 comments :

  1. Great Blog and lovely pictures, so thank you for sharing.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I can tell he was just as intersted in you. The way you framed this photo really enhanced it.

    ReplyDelete