Tuesday, November 29, 2011

Bluegrass Scenic Byway, Midway, Kentucky!


Just a quick post to share with you this lovely creature that unexpectedly was grazing by the side of the road along the Bluegrass Scenic Byway a few weeks ago during a Saturday afternoon drive. I had pulled off onto a lane and looked up to see him staring back at me. I think deer are one of the few animals that every time you see one, your heart skips a beat. Perhaps it's because most of the time seeing a deer can be fleeting. Most of the time, they take off the moment they spot you. Along the byway around Midway, however, they stay perfectly still staring back at you. I think it's because there's a lot of tourism in this area and they've adapted to the number of visitors. ENJOY!

1 comment :

  1. It doesn't seem the least bit afraid. I am amazed it didn't take off when you pulled off the road.

    ReplyDelete