Tuesday, July 12, 2011

It's In The Details!

Photographing flowers has become a real focus in my travels this spring and summer. In the past, I haven't always been a big fan of capturing flower images, but I have found myself doing so increasingly as the seasons go by. I especially love photographing close ups of the blooms themselves. You see all of the detail you actually don't see as a common practice while walking by. Some flowers have such intricate details deep within their centers. I'm wondering was it the wind or a passing bee or butterfly that has disturbed the pollen which has fallen from one of these stamens. ENJOY!

3 comments :

  1. Love the color in this shot. How true about the close ups. So many times it is like flowers withing the flowers. The backside of sunflowers as wonderful as the blooms. I noticed in a close up I took yesterday of sunflower blooms that on the outside edge of the seeds forming they have these loops I had never noticed before.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wow!! Lovely image! Looks like a fairy tale in the making.

    ReplyDelete
  3. AnonymousJuly 13, 2011

    I love these details! You take excellent macros.

    ReplyDelete