Wednesday, June 1, 2011

Wild Turkey!



For the last several weeks this turkey has been eating under my birdfeeder early in the morning and late in the evening. Don't know if he has lunch here too as I'm normally gone. It's odd to open the blinds in the morning and see this big turkey standing right outside your patio. It's not the typical thing you'll see a the birdfeeder so obviously I'm a little taken back every time I open the blinds and he's standing out there. There's a large field right behind my condo and when I come outside on the patio, Tom, that's what I've named him, goes a running for the field and cover. It's hilarious. Hope you're having a good week. Carol

3 comments :

  1. AnonymousJune 01, 2011

    He sure looks like the one that is out in my garden right now. They are smart enough to realize where the food is.

    ReplyDelete
  2. They do tend to be creatures of habit. My parents had 17 turkeys that came to their feeder for a long time. Then one day, they just never came back. I would imagine yours will be looking for friends before to long.

    ReplyDelete
  3. This is too funny, Carol! Keep feeding him until Nov!

    ReplyDelete