Saturday, April 2, 2011

Walking the Plank!

A few pics of my walk out on the Canopy Tree Walk at Bernheim on Sunday.


In the middle of this image, way way out in the distance is one of the warehouses of Jim Beam Distillery.

The forest hasn't awakened from its winter nap yet.

It actually did feel a little bit like walking the plank because I'm fiercely afraid of heights, so I had to focus my eye on the end of the boardwalk. And when I did that it felt like I was walking a plank. If I looked to either side, left or right, it just didn't suit me too well. OK I was scared. You're at least 15" above the forest floor as you look out over the forest. The Canopy Tree Walk was built in 2006 and this is the first time I decided to "walk the plank". Have a great weekend, even my friends in the northeast who got all that wet snow! ENJOY!

3 comments :

  1. The way you photographed the walkway is perfect. I just googled it and think it would be a great place to visit. Lucky you to live nearby.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Carol just georgeous. Stunning beauty surrounds you. Thanks for taking me on this walk with you.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I enjoyed this different perspective.

    ReplyDelete