Saturday, April 30, 2011

GRACE!


REMEMBER: To recall to the mind by an act or effort of memory; think of again. To retain in the memory; keep in mind; remain aware of. To have (something) come into the mind again.

I remember Monday afternoon while strolling around Bernheim's Arboretum, how beautiful it was with all of the flowers and the bright green leaves having just opened up for these, the first days of Spring. I remember why I took the day off because it had rained every day since the prior Wednesday. It did not just rain. It stormed. It did not just storm. It stormed severely. I remember the prior Thursday afternoon thinking as fierce looking clouds came over my home, there's no Tornado Warning! Why not? These clouds look like they could house a tornado. I remember five minutes later on the television hearing the meteorologist saying, the National Weather Service has just issued a Tornado Warning for the Elk Creek area and Spencer County in Kentucky. That is five minutes away from my home. That is where that storm was pushing toward. I remember realizing that could have been a tornado.

Today I awoke and checked The Weather Channel to hear that not only are some 343 people dead from the severe weather this week in the South, but some 450 people are missing and some 1700 people were injured. Last night on a special report on NBC I saw some of the injured in the hospital. A little boy beatened and battered lay in his hospital room, but worst his mother was in intensive care. His father stood talking to the reporter telling their story, his head bandaged and bruised.

I will pray for all of those individuals whose lives are lost. And for all of the survivors whose lives will never be the same. I will ask God for grace for these individuals whose lives are torn apart. Emotionally. Physically. Forever. Whose neighbors, friends, family, whole families, are gone forever. This is our Mother Earth reminding us who reigns supreme. Normally I sign off with my customary ENJOY! but this day I sign off with. GRACE!

2 comments :

  1. ...a lovely tribute, Carol. Rick and I were talking about the same thing this morning...

    ReplyDelete
  2. AnonymousMay 01, 2011

    This is lovely, Carol. I agree with everything you said. Neat iris!!

    ReplyDelete