Wednesday, June 2, 2010

Swamp Lily, Mustatatuck NWR


I was driving away from Myer's Cabin in the very farthest corner of Mustatatuck NWR Monday when I noticed this beautiful flower growing along the side of the road. I don't know what it is and am hoping someone will identify it for me. It looks a little bit like a lily but I don't think it is. Could it be form of day lily? I don't know. If anybody has any idea please let me know. And if not well we'll just call it beautiful. Enjoy!

Postscript: Thanks to Sandy at Gardenpath for identifying this flower. It's a Swamp Lily which I guess makes sense as Mustatatuck NWR is a whole lot of swamps and marshlands.

1 comment :

  1. AnonymousJune 03, 2010

    Carol, my day lilies are orange, but I found a plant in my wildflower guide called swamp lily that looks like it. Try looking that up.

    ReplyDelete