Sunday, April 18, 2010

Blue Skies


I scoured my archives today seeking out an image that would remind me of blue skies. Why you ask? Because I wanted to post an image for Barb and Sandy, who aren't having the beautiful Spring weather that I am here in Kentucky. Instead they are getting snow. And, while I love snow and we had our fair share this year in Louisville, right now it's just beautiful Spring here in Kentucky. And, we are in the first stages of the Kentucky Derby which brings Thunder Over Louisville, one of the largest fireworks shows in America, which took place last night.

And not this week, but next, is a full week of Kentucky Derby Festivities. We have the balloon races, the mini marathon, the Great Steamboat Race, the Pegasus Parade, and, well you get the picture. Here in Louisville the week prior to the first Saturday in May, well, the city basically shuts down so we can celebrate. And then just when you don't think you can take much more festivity . . . comes the Kentucky Oaks with the gals racing on Friday, and then comes the really big show on Saturday with the "Run for the Roses".

And all of that great festive atmosphere with some pretty nice weather. Blue skies, sunny days, bees a buzzing, flowers a planting, lawns to get mowing. You get the picture. So Barb and Sandy, here's a little blue for you to keep you going until spring comes to your part of the world. Enjoy!

2 comments :

  1. I'm going to hoard that image until I have one of my own to share! Thanks, Carol. Enjoy your festivities!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Finally, I was here twice yesterday, trying to post. Don't know what was going on, but couldn't connect with a lot of folks. Not even Barb, until this morning. That is a lovely shot, and thanks so much for thinking of us.

    I was out gardening today, but it was cool enough to wear a jacket, so it will be a while until we have lots of flowers like your.

    ReplyDelete