Sunday, August 2, 2009

A Quiet Place to Reflect

This quaint barn sits in the farthest corner of the Mustatatuck National Wildlife Refuge in central Indiana. Take I-65's Seymour exit. The refuge is one mile east off of the highway.

I've visited this refuge in all four seasons. In winter, I photographed the otters sliding across the frozen swampland. In summer, a brood of jet black commarants flew over and made a stop at one of the larger lakes in the refuge. In fall, the bright orange and red autumn leaves shone off the lakes' waterfront like a blaze of fire. And in spring, the wildflowers pop up everywhere from the forests to the roadside. Visiting this refuge is a nature lover's calming experience and is a perfect place to watch nature at its best. Almost every visit to the refuge finds deer grazing in the grasses close to the road. It's a real treat to visit.

2 comments :

  1. Ohhhh sounds fabulous!!! I love your photo too such a rustic look and feel I love the look of it. Very Nice.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi Carol. Just found your blog via Nature as Is. I really like your style. Looking back through your older posts, I see you've been to some of the same lovely places that I have (Hocking Hills, which is about a 90 minute drive from where I live... Pictured Rocks in Michigan). Looking forward to more of your lovely photographs!

    ReplyDelete