Thursday, November 8, 2018

The Meaning of a Purple Rose


As I walked around the Atlanta Botanical Gardens recently, I almost walked right past this bush of purple Roses. But I stopped short of passing them by, looked closely and thought how gorgeous they were. If only I had taken more images. There were so many people milling about that I didn't want to disrupt anyone so I snapped a few quick images and moved on.


The purple Rose signifies enchantment. Should you receive a purple Rose from another it supposedly means they have fallen in love with you at first sight. I knew the different colors of Roses had different meanings, but this was one I didn't know until now. How charming is that. Fall is going to pass us by here shortly and the weather is going to move right into Winter, but not quite yet. We do, however, have a hard warning tonight. I hope wherever you are you are enjoying the beautiful Fall colors. ENJOY!

2 comments :

  1. I didn't know that either. It is a pretty one, that I haven't seen often.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I absolutely love the color of these. Carol

      Delete