Friday, June 29, 2018

In the Gardens, Bernheim Arboretum


On the back side of a business trip to Louisville this week, as I made my way home to Tennessee yesterday, I stopped at Bernheim Arboretum, my favorite green space on the planet. It's right off I-65 as you leave Louisville. As I passed the Day Lily Gardens, I knew I would be driving the parameter road a second time to capture some pics of the gorgeous blooms.


You know when I caught sight of this deep maroon Day Lily with its bright yellow center, I couldn't resist taking a couple of different perspectives. I love this particular hue. So rich looking. You will never guess it's name. It's Morning Eye Candy. Well, now isn't that just so totally appropriate. It definitely is that and even looks good enough to eat if one could eat a Day Lily.


Oh, how I miss photographing more often at Bernheim, but it's a tad far for a photo session from Hendersonville. This heat wave we are in the throws of in the middle states of the United States is very serious. So everyone be very, very careful when you venture out. I'll write another post featuring more Day Lily images I captured at Bernheim soon. Have a fabulous weekend. The 4th is coming! ENJOY!

2 comments :

  1. Carol, you never fail to find something delicious to photograph when visiting your favourite garden.

    Please stay safe in all that heat.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Frank. I adore your butterfly images so please don't stop. I can't believe how many different species you have there in your patch. Carol

      Delete